In the ever-changing world of IT, Service Desk Analysts are often at the forefront of helping companies secure and future-proof their IT services. Whether you’re an engineer, specialist or manager, you can benefit from completing a Service Desk Analyst Training Course.
This course is accredited by the Service Desk Institute (SDI); they provide a professional introduction to Service Desk principles, application and best practice. As an employer, your team will benefit from gaining skills, knowledge and a rich understanding of how a successful Service Desk should operate. For individuals, gaining a Service Desk Analyst Certification that’s endorsed by the SDI will enhance your job prospects and provide solid opportunities for career progression.
By achieving a SDI certification you will:
– Demonstrate to an employer that you understand the best practice standards for your role;
– Have the knowledge, skills and competences to apply your understanding on a day-to-day basis;
– Positively impact the efficient running of a service desk.
Certification / Exam
This course provides the background knowledge for the related certification exam (which learners must pass in order to achieve the formal Certification). The cost of the exam is included in the course price.
Following enrolment, the learner details (name, email, organisation) are forwaded to the course publisher to add to their approved candidates list. The learner may subsequently book their exam (see below for details of the booking process).
The Service Desk Analyst exam is based on the SDI standard. The SDI qualification is an open qualification standard. SDI is the administrator, facilitator and arbitrator of the standards. The exams are independently administered and proctored. Training Bytesize’s courses are accredited by APM Group International.
Lesson 1 – Roles and Responsibilities
Lesson 2 – Relationship Management
Lesson 3 – Effective Communication Skills and Competencies
Lesson 4 – Problem Solving
Lesson 5 – Effective Rapport and Conflict Management Skills
Lesson 6 – Effective Process Management
Lesson 7 – IT Service Management
Lesson 9 – Quality Management for the Service Desk
Lesson 10 – Service Desk Technologies
Lesson 11 – Tools and Technologies
At the end of this course you will be able to:
– Explain the four key concepts that describe the required skills, competencies and knowledge for the service desk analyst
– Summarize the role and responsibilities of the service desk
– Demonstrate the attributes, skills and knowledge required to fulfill the role effectively
– Recognize when to use those attributes, skills and knowledge to deal effectively with a variety of situations
– Explain how to better identify customers’ needs and motivations
– Recognize the benefits of teamwork
– Demonstrate the skills for handling difficult situations
– Recognize the need for effective and well thought out processes and procedures
– Describe the key IT service management processes in the areas where the service desk has clear responsibilities
– Recognize the importance and benefits of having service level agreements, operational level agreements and underpinning contracts in place
– Recognize the value and benefits of customer satisfaction surveys
– Identify the need for, and value of, metrics in the service desk environment
– Describe some of the available tools and technologies for service desk staff and customers to use
– Summarize how to effectively use social media tools in the service desk
– Be prepared for taking the service desk and support analyst examination
The SDA qualification course is for front-line IT service and support analysts with some experience in a first-line or second-line service desk environment. This course will help analysts who are looking to grow in their role and gain a recognized qualification in their profession, develop practical skills while earning a certificate that endorses their commitment and knowledge.
Examples of professional job titles include:
Service Desk Analyst
Client Support Technician/Consultant
Desktop Support Analyst
Customer Support Officer
Technical Support Analyst
Service Centre Analyst
Exam format and booking
To book the online exam, please contact email@example.com before the end date of your course. Please provide your name, email, course name and course end date. You will then be contacted with the relevant information. Please note that there is a £25+ VAT fee for exam cancellation or rescheduling.
The exam format is as follows.
60 computer-based, multiple-choice questions
Designed to test your knowledge and understanding of the official SDI standards
The course on this page is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd.
There are no reviews yet.