WHAT IS NEW
The Privacy Program Management and European Data Protection trainings were recently updated to align content with changes to the bodies of knowledge for the CIPM and CIPP/E exams.
The trainings now include a supplemental module titled “How to Prepare for Certification,” which highlights how to get the most out of your training and build a successful exam study plan.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Become GDPR ready through interactive, media-rich IAPP online training.
The self-paced online GDPR training program gives you the skills to envision, design and execute a comprehensive privacy management program within GDPR requirements through IAPP European Data Protection and Privacy Program Management courses.
These are essential skills as data protection authorities continue to levy more and steeper GDPR non-compliance fines on organizations of all sizes. As of July 2019, data protection authorities announced levied 360 million euros in fines against organizations ranging from real estate management firms to hotel chains to airlines. More than 300,000 cases and complaints are pending with authorities across the EU.
Companies need DPO candidates with the requisite knowledge and skills to minimize their exposure to such penalties. CIPP/E and CIPM are recommended as the most appropriate for aspiring DPOs, according to Eric Lachaud in “Should the DPO be certified?” in International Data Privacy Law, a journal published by Oxford University Press. These training programs are based on the body of knowledge for the ANSI/ISO-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM) certifications.
Chock-full of rich imagery, video and text, the trainings are engaging, self-paced courses. They incorporate IAPP faculty video clips, engaging interactions and review questions to guide you through privacy program management and European data protection law and practice in a thorough, easy-to-follow format.
The CIPM training comprises 10 modules with an approximate run time of 10 hours (about one hour per module).
The CIPP/E training comprises 11 modules with an approximate run time of 11 hours (about one hour per module).
Each course offers learners an opportunity to learn about critical privacy concepts that are also integral to their respective certification exams. The trainings are not purely “test prep” courses, nor does taking training guarantee you will pass your exams.
They are appropriate for professionals who plan to certify and those who want to deepen their privacy knowledge.
Give yourself the best chance of passing an exam by studying for at least 30 hours for each program and reviewing the additional free resources found here.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Access to interactive online trainings and full transcripts that you can review at your own pace with an internet connection.
- Review questions to check your mastery of the subject matter.
- Video clips of IAPP faculty describing and applying key course concepts.
- CIPM course textbook: Privacy Program Management: Tools for Managing Privacy Within Your Organization, Third Edition (electronic copy; immediately accessible through your MyIAPP portal).
- CIPP/E course textbook: European Data Protection: Law and Practice, Second Edition (electronic copy; immediately accessible through your MyIAPP portal).
- CIPM and CIPP/E sample questions (immediately accessible through your MyIAPP portal).
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- Instruction based on the body of knowledge for the globally recognized Certified Information Privacy Professional/Management (CIPM) and Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) credentials.
- Sought-after skills you can start applying right away.
- Know-how you need to advance your career.
WHAT YOU NEED (SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS)
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11 or later, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version).
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), or Firefox (latest version).
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 8.1.2 or later or Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later.
ONLINE TRAININGS UPDATES AND ACCESS
The IAPP updates online trainings 1-2 times a year to ensure any revisions to the certification Body of Knowledge are adequately addressed. These updates are automatically integrated into your product and do not require an additional purchase.
Approximately every 3-5 years—or when a major new privacy regulation or development has occurred—an online training will be overhauled and re-released. Users will need to purchase the newest version of the training to access the most current content. If you have purchased a training in the six months prior to a new version release, you will receive the new version free of charge. The IAPP cannot guarantee indefinite access to online trainings, especially if a previous version of a training that has since been overhauled can no longer be maintained from a technical perspective (for example, trainings created prior to 2016 using now-retired Flash Player functionality). For questions, please contact us.
Learn more about GDPR-Ready bundles.